permaculture - Free online PC course & other online PC educational resources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@sunsite.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Free online PC course & other online PC educational resources
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:54:25 -0500 (EST)

http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london InterGarden
london@sunSITE.unc.edu llondon@bellsouth.net

Just a starter. Food for thought.

I've been waiting for a few responses to accumulate before I put
forth my ideas to the list. Just for starters here's a little food for
thought.

1) we need a free online pc course
2) we as volunteers could do a great job with it
3) I could build & maintain it here at sunSITE and/or we can
all do it as a distributed system encompassing a number of websites
4) we need:
- a course description/structure/syllabus/outline
- we could develop a contect-oriented hyperlinked website
that could become the textbook - this could contain links to
other websites or similar resources - & could contain the
full text of many documents, large and small, with possible
interal and external hyperlinks
- we could (with his permission) put Steve Diver's PC FAQ
online and/or develop our own or (with his permission)
use his as a source document add to and improve on it & call it ours
5) we should not copyright anything and seek to ensure that no
one else does that with any of our material
6) the site needs to be as interactive as possible, eliciting as much
input from all interested parties as possible - I have been thinking
about ways I can implement this here at sunSITE - there are _many_
ways for us to easily collaborate

  • Free online PC course & other online PC educational resources, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/12/1998