permaculture - Chicken Coups

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Australia Felix" <pcorgbgo@bendigo.net.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Chicken Coups
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 22:30:50 +1100

AUSTRALIA FELIX

LandPlanning Consultants

Project Management, Design & Planning Services & Products

for Sustainable & Productive Land-Use

1/1/1998

Re: Chicken Coups,

Hello Kirk,

We have an  AutoCad V.13 drawing of a chook house/hot house put together by an architect we work with a couple of years ago. The chook house has since been built at one of our clients properties at Harcourt in Central Victoria, Australia. They are very pleased with it and affectionately call it the "Taj Mahal Chookhouse".

I have the plans and photos of it available, which I can scan and post to the newsgroup if you wish, just let us know.

Green Connections: Permaculture Solutions for Sustainable Living, an excellent locally produced magazine (green@castlemaine.net.au) featured an article written by our clients that was titled the "Taj Mahal Chookhouse" a couple of issues back. In addition the editior, Joy Finch has informed us that another acticle relating to the construction of a fairly basic strawbale chook house is going to be featured in the American Permaculture Activist at some time in 1998.

Please send any queries to this news group or to us here on pcorgbgo@bendigo.net.au

Cheers

Yours and Growing

Darren J. Doherty

Applied Diploma of Permaculture Design, Permaculture Institute (1995)

Permaculture Design Certificate, Permaculture Institute (1993, 1995)

Whole Farm Planning Certificate (Train the Trainer), University of Melbourne (1995)

Principal Australia Felix LandPlanning Consultants

Chairman of Directors GIFT (Investments) Pty. Ltd.

President Box Ironbark Farm Forestry Network Inc.

  • Chicken Coups, Australia Felix, 01/02/1998