permaculture - Re: Website for Permaculture Activist - assistance offered

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@sonic.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Website for Permaculture Activist - assistance offered
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:07:01 -0800

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

> Lee:
>
> In the recent Permaculture Activist newsletter there was a reference to
> their putting up a website "with the help of friends". There was
> no telephone number provided to call them so would you forward an
> offer from me of an account on sunSITE with which to create and
> maintain such a website. There would be no cost to them.
> Let me know if they (or you) are interested in such a thing and I will
> send details.
>
> Lawrence
> Support your local organic market farmer, buy products with
> Sustainably Grown, Natural, Ecological or Biointensive labelling
> http://sunsite.unc.edu/london/vfm/ VIRTUAL FARMERS' MARKET
> http://sunSITE.unc.edu/london InterGarden
> london@sunSITE.unc.edu llondon@bellsouth.net
Larry, I just moved to NC after directing Sonoma Permaculture in Ca. Now
I'm here to join in building and inhabiting Earthaven, a neo-tribal
ecovillage Near Asheville. I'm one of the friends helping to generate a
website (and help with the Activist), so your offer to host a site (?)
is intriguing. We would love to receive further info. You can write to
Peter Bane at: <pcactivist@mindspring.com> or to me at:
<keithdj@mindspring.com>. (Please note that my old address
<keithdj@sonic.net> will soon be canceled.) Note: Peter has a Mac and I
have an IBM clone so we are now able to receive and read materials in
several formats.

While I'm at it I'd like to invite folks to submit articles, photos,
letters, etc. for the next few issues. The Winter issue is focusing on
Economic transformation, Right livlihood and Pc Incomes and the deadline
is about two weeks away from today (Dec 29, 97). The Spring issue due to
be printed in May will focus on Pattern and Design, and the next will
look at Forestry. We like to receive submissions on floppies or as text
in Email for ease of editing. We will soon have a scanner if we can pull
together the funds (or when someone donates one) Please note that we
both work with Culture's Edge, a non-profit org, so your donation would
be tax deductible. Thanks.
Keith
keithdj@sonic.net