permaculture - Summer Solstice Design Course in CA

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Akiva Werbalowsky" <akivaw@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@gn.apc.org
  • Subject: Summer Solstice Design Course in CA
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 21:15:49 PST

I'm happy to report that one of the largest agricultural universities in
the US is now cultivating Permaculture learning opportunities for 1998.

Respected for its "Learn-by-Doing" experiential approach, California
Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo (Cal Poly SLO) is offering
a 10-week series of Permaculture workshops beginning March 29.

The day before, Saturday March 28 will be an all-day kick-off
celebration at the 7-acre CCOF certified organic Permaculture Learning
Center and Student Farm. Music, food, site tours, fire circle, ...you
get the idea.

Our first 2-week residential Permaculture Design course begins Summer
Solstice, June 21 and ends on July 4. Celebrations will sandwich 2 weeks
of the finest training we can offer on the central California coast.

The design course features Larry Santoyo and his team of seasoned
PermaEducators, and is presented by the Central Coast Permaculture Guild
and Cal Poly Permaculture. Please contact me or Larry if you'd like to
be a course instructor.

It's my hope that Cal Poly becomes known widely for peaceful, positive,
professional leadership in ecological design practices. Everyone who
embraces the ethics of permaculture will feel welcome in this coastal
heartland.

To become involved in the the 10-week series meeting Sundays from
9am-3pm, or the Solstice Design Course, please contact me at:

awerbalo@calpoly.edu

GUEST PRESENTERS ARE ENCOURAGED!

If you'd like to work net and promote your services, plan on joining us
for the special kick-off weekend March 28. All are invited and camping
is available.

To stay informed of these and other upcoming events, please subscibe to
our listserve. There are only a few messages posted per month, so you
won't be inundated but you'll stay aware of significant info.

Joining is simple. Send a message to:

majordomo@rain.seattleantioch.edu

with the message in the body "subscribe ccpg".

Take care,
Akiva

"Peace is every step" Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ambassadors for positivity" Lee O.