permaculture - Re: Central Coast/Cal Poly Potent Info

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "April Sampson-Kelly" <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: <permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Central Coast/Cal Poly Potent Info
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:08:13 +1100

Well I am no engineer although I am married to one.
Frank, your headed in the right direction. My answer is to talk to a lot of
people,
let them ramble, let them show you their property, try and access as many
permaculture
sites as you can AND look at what is doing well in the area you choose to
set up camp in.
Be careful of major pitfalls 'though - like starting out in a toxic region
or highly conservative
as these can be forces against you.
Having a sense of community is just as valuable as a good
rainfall and good soil site.
Check out my homepage - there are lot of permaculture tools you can toy
with,
there are links to some really great homepages closer to you.
If there were no formulas for permaculture we couldn't teach it- there would
be no common language
to discuss concepts and no building on previous generations of experience.
I DO agree that every site is different, but I could probably find a lot
looking very similar and to
the (self-professed) novice - this is something you should seek.
April

P.S. no shame it not knowing -
we all know we could never know enough,
when I forget this I fill my brain with gallons of information
and forget my friend's birthdays.