permaculture - Re: Inspired Undergrad Searching for Summer Internship!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: YankeePerm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Inspired Undergrad Searching for Summer Internship!
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:41:07 -0500 (EST)

We have openings for interns on a year-round basis. Winter isn't so bad
here. I'm appending our announcement as of last June that somewhat
describes our offerings, although we strive to customize every internship to
the goals of the intern.

Permaculture Internships in Florida

Yankee and Elfin Permaculture have two internships available at Barking Frogs
Farm in central Florida. All interns will be exposed to sustainable
lifestyle and given opportunity to participate in the functioning of our
permaculture activities, including the farm. Internships on the farm are
available year-round. The duration of each internship is negotiable.

The Elfin Permaculture intern will assist in the development of our
permaculture design for our newly acquired farm. S/he will take
measurements, document, plantings, produce drawings and maps, and write
the first draft narrative of the design. Elfin Permaculture inters may also
participate in organizing our permaculture workshops and courses. Interns
interested in learning alternative construction will have the choice of a
variety of projects, such as a solar cooker, ferrocement building elements,
a cold/frame hot bed, solar greenhouse, and star-plate cabin.

The Yankee Permaculture intern will assist in the production of our
publications, which include a journal, a digest, two directories, and a
series of specialized papers and pamphlets.

Both interns are free to take any online design course that runs during
their internship. Both interns will contribute to design implementation
and routine tasks as well as managing their own special projects. Long term
interns have the opportunity to develop profit sharing and/or a position as
caretaker at the farm.

Internships are custom designed and can hybridize from the above sample tasks
and others to suit the intrests and growth goals of the individual.

For more information, reply with specific questions and a self-description
(less than 500 words) to Dan Hemenway, Peermacltur@aol.com.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. Registrations still accepted for the current course.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box 52,
Sparr FL 32192 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.