permaculture - Soil seed banks - germination of weed seeds

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london@sunsite.unc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Soil seed banks - germination of weed seeds
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 23:27:28 -0500 (EST)

I found this in my archives tonight & thought it was interesting.
My question is: Would the shade of green of different plant's
leaves matter with regard to filtering sunlight and changing the
ratio of red to far red light thus inhibiting the germination of weed
seeds in the soil beneath them?
Lawrence F. London, Jr. - InterGarden - Venaura Farm
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu - mailto:llondon@bellsouth.net
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden
http://sunSITE.unc.edu/InterGarden/permaculture.html