permaculture - help- TICKS

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Catherine F. Montijo" <cfm@theriver.com>
  • To: permaculture@sunsite.unc.edu
  • Subject: help- TICKS
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 97 08:07:15 PDT

Help! We live SE AZ and have recently been inundated with ticks at our
house. On dogs, in house, in grass. We've been flea/tick spraying dogs
about every 2 days, yesterday "bombed" the house with foggers and put in
carpet powder and sprayed all exterior bottom corner with insecticide.
Plan on continuing to spray dogs and re-bomb/spray in 2 weeks....then again
in another 2 weeks. Anybody have suggestions on alternative plan -
possibly more organically friendly? Any products known to hold up in rain
on outside areas? (It's our rainy season & we got rain a couple hours
after dirt/exterior was sprayed.) Thanks!

  • help- TICKS, Catherine F. Montijo, 08/10/1997