permaculture - Re: Permaculture Interships

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sal schettino <sals@rain.org>
  • To: Elfpermacl@aol.com, owner-permaculture@envirolink.org, permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu, permaculture@envirolink.org
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture Interships
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:52:55 -0800

The one cover crop I planted that seems to do good here was fava beans.
Thanks for the tip Dan. Now how do I harvest these fava beans for seed
crop for next year. Do I wait for them to dry ? My trees need N and favas
seem like a easy N fixer to grow here in the cool winter. What do fava
beans look like when you are picking for seed and what do they look like
when you are picking for eating and how do you eat them.