permaculture - Biological cleaning of soil toxics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: permaculture-mg@ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Biological cleaning of soil toxics
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:13:33 -0500 (EST)

I passed the question of cleaning toxics from the soil on to my online
permaculture class. One of the monitors came up with this reply, which I
repost with his permission. Obviously it is much easier to keep poison out
of something than to extract it after mixing it in real good. I'm not sure
how practical biological (or other) extraction of toxins can be, personally.
If that is all one has, I guess it is worth a shot. In any case, this seems
to be a very good answer to the question, so I pass it along.

Dan Hemenway