permaculture - Re: RE: Ethics? [Online Permaculture Course: File: Ethics Note ethical pricipals

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sal schettino <sals@rain.org>
  • To: YankeePerm@AOL.COM, askpv@ozemail.com.au, permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu, 75031.1565@compuserve.com, cstaple@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu, ElfinPDC1@AOL.COM, genres@iafrica.com, Terrakin@AOL.COM, willems@iafrica.com
  • Cc: EarleLA@AOL.COM, ktsch@inetnebr.com, lsc@hplsc.fc.hp.com, Matthew@twinoaks.org, nll@encina.vilspa.esa.es, wmh@online.dct.com
  • Subject: Re: RE: Ethics? [Online Permaculture Course: File: Ethics Note ethical pricipals
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 08:36:13 +0000

Dan let me thank you for your reply. It looks like I have a lot more
designing to do. does anyone know of a quick easy chicken pin I can put up
and take down in different locations easy. Easy is the key here. I tried
to make a chicken tractor but it is too heavy for me by my self to move
around . I guess I can just stick fence stakes in the grown and wrap some
chicken wire around it. Also does any one know of a food that is easy to
grow that chickens love so much I can use it to heard them and get them to
graze in the places I want them to graze. Now I throw bird seed out and
the really work the spot where I throw it . I like the way chickens turn
weeds bugs,and weed seeds into eggs and meat. I need to learn more about
them to get the most from them. Thanks for all the food for thought.
At 09:46 AM 1/31/97 -0500, YankeePerm@aol.com wrote:

>Hi Sal:
>
>You are right with the program there, taking as someone suggested a while
>back, the last first. Two pens or several pens, depending on your space
>requirements. The more pens, the more land in growing but the less space
>that the chickens have. I strongly recommend dumping all kinds of organic
>matter into the pen with the chickens so that they are continually shredding
>it into deep mulch.

  • Re: RE: Ethics? [Online Permaculture Course: File: Ethics Note ethical pricipals, sal schettino, 01/31/1997