permaculture - Allies to Prisoners

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Victor Guest <vic@daena.eepo.com.au>
  • To: Permaculture WA <perma@eepo.com.au>
  • Subject: Allies to Prisoners
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 17:53:48 WST

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

A group of involved people ie. a steering committee have come together
to organise a Conference/ Seminar to enable the noted groups and the General
public to come together to exchange information about the sad state of our
justice and gaol systems and positive changes which work.

The disfunctional attitude prevailing in debates over multiculturism, etc
suggests that there may be room for some directional changes.

We need a transformation of the thinking of people in the community who can
influence positive changes.There should be some positive goals for this
gathering such as.
1. To make the public aware of all of the information
available to fight crime.
2.To make the public aware of how to fight recividism.
3.To form a coalition to provide directions for our society.

4.Teaching Holistic Management, RC, Permaculture Landmark
Forum and Alternatives to Violence in Gaol.
5. ?????

What goals would you like to see for your group.You may be interested in
offering suggestions about other groups who may be involved in similar
work, who would like to participate.
A possible format could be:-- a booth to Advertise your group.
A 15min talk about your work and a 45 min public forum at the end .

We need a venue . We now have been offered UWA. Have an auditorium seats 400.
We need a date. 8th or 22nd March.
We need a name. Still. "What works" is what we are all about.
We need a format. As suggested possibly.

We may need to limit participation.

Regards on behalf of the group.
Vic Guest.

.Allies to Prisoners
This is a list of the participants that I have identified who could be part
of a conference on supporting Prisoners and Aboriginals.

WAIC This Institute is about teaching groups about all forms of Co-operation
. Forming Co-operatives and developing them as a part of an empowerment of
community.

SAFAFOODS. This company is dedicated to bringing Organic and Biodynamic food
to our community and have interests in being in a grower/consumer
co-operative. Frank Ash (a principal unit holder also has land near
Woorooloo prison which he is interested in having organically farmed.

PERMACULTURE Permaculture has a positive effect on people with emotional and
stress problems. It is being taught in Gaols and also at the Teen Challenge
farm for young drug addicts in Esperance.

ALTERNATIVES TO VIOLENCE Project. Is a program being run in gaol by people
involved with PASS.

CITY FARM.Has a Permaculture garden and is run by Men of the Trees. Deet
courses are run here for street kids etc. Has a MOTT youth group world wide.

REVALUATION CO-COUNSELLING.Has a network of over 200 people Statewide who
counsel one another. Is being taught in gaols. Has a 10 hour fundamentals
course to teach the rudiments.

ABORIGINAL EVANGELICAL CHURCH. Have people doing Gaol visits.

MEN OF THE TREES.Plant trees in our community and have an investment in CityF
farm and young people.

BAHAI.Have a philosophy of uniting the communities of the world. Work in all
areas of oppression.

SOMA.This organisation is about supporting Orthomolecular Psychiatry and
Medicine.Their latest information in support of changes to the treatment of
prisoners is in the results of a survey of violence in 1500 of the most
violent criminals in American Gaols.

YOUTH IN FOCUS.Work with street kids etc. Have taken over the role of YOUTH
In SEARCH. Have a major focus on taking disfunctional kids on camps to teach
them to love one another in a nonsexual way. Claim incredible changes to
behaviour by kids, uses support groups for ongoing development

LANDMARK FORUM.Have a series of training programs starting with the Forum.
The result of the Forum taught and videoed in a gaol in San Diego makes this
program an opportunity for prisoners to Transform their potential.

PASS.Prisoner Advisory Support Services, is a post gaol group who are having
excellent results in dealing with the high rate of re-affenders.PASS is also
a Company which secures jobs for released prisoners.

HOLISTIC MANANGEMENT.This process was the featured process at the
International Permaculture Convergance, in September 1996 .The processÂ’ of
goal setting and financial management are having excellent results on the
creation of wealth by tribal indians in USA. Would be an excellent way to
run prisons. And Governments.

NOONGAR ALCOHOL & SUBSTANCE ABUSE SERVICE.(INC)As the name implies this
group provide counselling support.

TEEN CHALLENGE. A christian group, who have had excellent results in drug
rehabilitation. Have a property at Esperance and Beverley. Permaculture is
taught to young addicts at Esperance.
Please add anyone you beleive may be interested.
Sincerely Yours

Regards,
Vic
--
Victor Guest V.G.Guest Perth, Western Australia
victor.guest@eepo.com.au 11 Carew Place Greenwood 6024

  • Allies to Prisoners, Victor Guest, 01/29/1997