permaculture - permaculture garden beds/amended

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: llami@teleport.com (Lawton/Miller)
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: permaculture garden beds/amended
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:48:04 -0700

New to farm life--I put *straw* on top of the weeds, not hay. :-)

Another comment I wanted to make, is that by the time I shredded all the
newspaper, layered all the layers, etc., I spent more time than I would
have digging out the weeds, and planting directly into the soil.

I thought that this was an *easier* way to garden!

Does anyone have any comments about the labor intensity of permaculture?

Lee

The real tragedy of middle age is
a slowed metabolism.
Mary Willis Walker