permaculture - Web page input - benchmarking and marketing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: April Sampson-Kelly <askpv@ozemail.com.au>
  • Subject: Web page input - benchmarking and marketing
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 11:28:16 +-1000

Well you are so right about Permaculture being broad -
I have been writing a text for the PDC for 2 years now - so the resources
are sitting on my computer to publish the lot. But thats not our objective
and
would be a headache without any reward or funding - a good excuse, I reckon.

My first idea was to benchmark - look at all the other sites- and this I do
from time to time - but then I thought - do market research - find out what
the customers really want. It gets harder each day to stay in touch with
main stream markets when you getting futher and further into the jungles
of Permaculture - !!
They don't want my text - they don't want a PDC front up
What they do want, according to their responses, is a very personal
and hands on account of working in permaculture !!!
Yes this surprised me too
The people who surf the net - do it with earthy hands
They want examples of problems solving and in the same way
that photos and videos seem to sell the message in books and
media - then I think theory has to take a back seat on the net too.