permaculture - New organic web site

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John A. Keslick Jr." <treeman@pond.com>
  • To: permaculture-mg@amani.ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: New organic web site
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 09:25:11 -0500

To whom it may concern:
Please, check out my web site. Http://www.ccil.org/~treeman/
I just received your address. I have several articles on trees and the
environment. I am sending them on so that if they can help or be of
interest they will be available.

If not, interested just hit delete.

CAMB GUARDS
recycled rubber

We are offering a new product for trees that replaces the traditional method
of using wire in a hose to stake a tree. We call the product CAMB GUARDS
and we make them from used tractor trailer inner tubes. They are broad,
belt-like and flexible and do allow the tree to sway while not hurting the
bark. Universities involved with the study of this product include
Cornell, North Carolina, Kent, Temple and others. We will donate to
Universities. For more information contact me JOHN A KESLICK, JR. at
610-696-5353 or E-mail at "treeman@locke.ccil.org". Home page
http://www.ccil.org/~treeman/

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Professional Modern Arborist
& Tree Biologist

REFRENCES:1995

Kent State University 2491 SR 45 South Salem, OH 44460
216-332-0361 ext.220
-------------------------------------
Temple University, Dept. of Landsc. Arch./Hort. 580 Meetinghouse Rd.
Ambler, PA 19002 215-283-1200
-------------------------------------
North Carolina State University Mike Parker Box 7609, NCSU Raleigh, NC
27695 919-515-1198
-------------------------------------
Cornell University Nina Bassuk Dept. of Floral Cult. & Hort. 20 Plant
Science Ethica, NY` 14853 607-255-4586
-------------------------------------
The New York Botanical Garden Wayne Cahilly Manager, Arboretum & Grounds
200th Street and Southern Boulavard - Bronx, New York 10458
-------------------------------------
Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsyvania. Bill Graham, 9414
Meadowbrook Ave, Phila, Pa 19118 215-247-5777
-----------------------------------
Scott Arboritum Jeff Jabco Swarthmore PA 610-328-8294
-----------------------------------
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP Trevor F. Vidic 1500 North Mantua St. Kent, Ohio
44240 216-673-9511

For additional information see:See- Dr. Richard W. Harris(Second Edition)
Arboriculture(1992)pg212.
"More information is needed on staking that protects trees without unduly
restricting top movement."
---------------------------------
See-Dr. Alex L. Shigo(world wide TREE PRUNING) (1989)
Pg116,117,118,174,175,177.
See-Dr. Alex L. Shigo(MODERN ARBORICULTURE)(1991)
Pg16,282,283,284,285,286,287,288,289.
See-Dr. Alex L. Shigo(100 Tree Myths(1993)Myth 10 pg 10;
Myth 11 pg10.
----------------------------------
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Dr. Anthony J. Trewavas
(Tree respon. to sudden loss of branches that effects movement & stabl. of
remain. trunk.) To see how movements stimulated proteins to bond with
calcium, thus strengthening cell walls.
1992/June
-----------------------------------
PLANTING TREES for communities(US Forest Service)

TREE BASICS the book

I have just finished donating 300+ new books by DR. ALEX L. SHIGO at Shigo
and Trees, Associates, PO. BOX 769 DURHAM, NH 03824 USA, PHONE
(603)-868-7459, FAX (603)-868-1045. They title the book TREE BASICS and
they gear this book for sixth grade students and above. I donated to the
schools in my area. One book to each library sixth grade and above, and one
to the science coordinator. I also donated the book to all the public
libraries I came across. I have received some very pleasing letters back
from some of these people.

We need your help in getting this book out. The cost at 100 is $1.90 each.
So please consider buying these books to donate to your schools,
municipalities, universities, and public libraries.

Thanks for your help.

John A. Keslick Kr
E-Mail: treeman@locke.ccil.org
John A. Keslick Jr.

  • New organic web site, John A. Keslick Jr., 02/18/1996