permaculture - Re: Test

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sal Schettino <sals@rain.org>
  • To: Emanuele John Gelsi <s100962@student.uq.edu.au>
  • Cc: permaculture-mg@ces.ncsu.edu
  • Subject: Re: Test
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 07:22:05 -0700 (PDT)

I started planting fruit trees about 15yr. ago. I never heard of
permaculture then but knew that if I planted trees while young I would be
able to enjoy the fruits for years. The frist few years you have to take
care of them and I guess I will always have to prune and water them and
harvest the fruit but its really getting close to permaculture. My idea
of permaculture is once what you plant takes off its selfsupporting and
will be there for many many years. What other things can one plant once
and have it establish itself other than fruit trees. What about berrys
and herbs. Any other ideas out there. I'm getting old and want to put
things in now that will take little work in latter years.

Sal Schettino,Organic Farmer,don't panic eat organic,sals@rain.org
or check out my homepage: http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html .

  • Re: Test, Sal Schettino, 05/24/1995