permaculture - More on hedges

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: warwick@bettong.eepo.dialix.oz.au (Warwick Rowell)
  • To: Permaculture hub <london@sunsite.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Vic Guest <vic.guest@eepo.dialix.oz.au>, "Dr. Bill Parker" <bill@brenta.eepo.dialix.oz.au>
  • Subject: More on hedges
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 1994 09:45:36 WST

Further to Vic's comment, and his inclusion of stuff from Bill Parker,
there are increasing attempts to save the old skills. I have been
ablt to find several in areas of Western Australia, as well as in England.

For those who may have more than a passing interest, there is a very
good book that I believe would be enough for someone actually wanting
to do these things:

The Forgotten Arts
John Seymour
Dorling Kindersley, UK for the National Trust
1984
ISBN 0-86318-052-3

One chapter is called Crafts of the field:
Hedge laying, Dry-stone walling, Making stiles, Well Digging, Peat Cutting.

Warwick
| warwick.rowell@eepo.com.au |
| |
| Management Consultant Permaculture Designer |
|_"Helping Managers Learn"____"Helping Land Managers Learn_|

  • More on hedges, Warwick Rowell, 10/28/1994