permaculture - Re: Robyn--assessing competencies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Robyn--assessing competencies
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:56:35 -0500

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:30:52 -0500 (EST), "S.K. Harrison"
<skh23ca@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> From: Robyn
>
>> How do we develop tangible competencies for
>> thought processes and not reduce permaculture
>> to a simple series of action formulas?

Meditation helps a lot, can do it while spading beds and pulling
weeds; then back to the books, websites, forums and drawingboards
at the end of the day. Synthesize, summarize, document (write,
generate audio/video resources, create websites), then teach and
conduct workshops.

>Do you have plans for the media to be used to
>evaluate the competencies? Plasticene modelling,
>oral-explanatory, written-explanatory,
>demonstrated, others? The answer to these
>question may help narrow the field a little.
>
>Sean

>Send your holiday cheer with http://greetings.yahoo.ca

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org

  • Re: Robyn--assessing competencies, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 12/21/2001