permaculture - Re: NATURAL ANTIDOTES TO BIOLOGICAL TOXINS

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: NATURAL ANTIDOTES TO BIOLOGICAL TOXINS
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:27:47 -0400

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:48:45 -0400, Keith Johnson
<keithdj@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Hi Y'all,
>My naturopathic MD sent me the following. Read it carefully. It could
>save your life.
>Keith
>(Please excuse cross-posting)
>
>The following info should be read and saved for possible future use when
>and if necessary ( Heaven help us if this info is needed in an
>emergency).

<>

A friend sent me the following info in email recently on a homeopathic
remedy for anthrax:

>From: "pankaj oudhia" <pankajoudhia@rediffmail.com>
>To: <newcrops@purdue.edu>
>Subject: Anthrax -A promising solution
>Date: 15 Oct 2001 06:04:52 -0000
>

>Hello everybody,
> As you know, US and Britain are under attack of Anthrax .I have
>some promising solutions to prevent the spread of this lethal disease.I am
>lover of Homoeopathic system of medicine and conducting research on
>Agrohomoeopathy i.e. use of Homoeopathy in Agriculture.In this system ,a
>drug called ANTHRACINUM is used to PREVENT the Anthrax.This drug is a
>nosode and prepared from the poison of Anthrax.Use of Anthracinum (as
>preventive) in Anthrax infested areas can save the lives of thousands of
>unaffected peoples.I want to convey this message to US
>government.Homoeopathy is the system of medicine originated from Germany.US
>government can take the help of Homoeopaths to deal with this problem.I am
>sorry to use this forum for unrelated matter but I have found no way to
>communicate my message to US government.Please help me and try to convey
>this message to related authorities.
>regards,
>P.OUDHIA,INDIA
>http://www.celestine-india.com/pankajoudhia

<>

> [...]
>
>recent medical literature and may be helpful in fighting biological
>toxins. [Journal Applied Microbiology, Volume 88, 2000] A potent
>natural antibiotic, more powerful than many prescription antibiotics, is
>
>oil of oregano. One study showed that oregano completely inhibited the
>growth of 25 germs such as Staphylococcus aureas, Escherichia coli,
>Yersinia enterocolitica and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. [Journal Food
>Protection, July 2001] Oregano has been shown to be effective in
>eradicating intestinal parasites in humans. [Phytotherapy Research, May
>2000] Wild oregano, which is quite different than the variety on most
>kitchen spice racks, has over 50 antibacterial compounds. Just one part
>wild oregano oil in 4000 dilution sterilizes contaminated water. [London
>
>Times, May 8, 2001]
>
>Oregano powder from whole leaf oregano is available as OregamaxTM
>capsules (North American Herb & Spice Co.). A spectacular development
>in natural antibiotic therapy is the manufacture of oregano powder from
>100% pure oregano oil, producing one of the most potent antibiotics
>known. It has recently become available under the trade name OregacinTM
>(North American Herb & Spice Co.). It costs about $1 per pill, but this
>is a far cry from the $16 per pill for Vancomycin, known as most potent
>prescription antibiotic.
>
>Nature also provides nerve gas antitoxins. Nerve gas interrupts the
>normal transmission of nerve impulses by altering levels of
>acetycholinesterase, the enzyme that degrades the nerve transmitter
>acetycholine. Huperzine A, a derivative of Chinese club moss, has been
>suggested as a pre-treatment against nerve gases. [Annals Pharmacology
>France, January 2000] The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
>conducted studies which revealed that huperzine A protects against nerve
>
>gas poisoning in a superior manner to physostigmine, a long-standing
>anti-nerve toxin.drug. [Defense Technical Information Center Review,
>Volume 2, December 1996] Huperzine A is available as a food supplement
>at most health food stores. Suggested dosage is 150 mcg per day.
>Pretreatment is advised prior to nerve gas exposure.
>
>SUMMARY. The threat of biological warfare is real and concern over
>preparedness of the civilian population and medical professionals is
>growing. There is virtually no practical way that vaccines, antibiotics
>or other treatment can be delivered to a frightened populace in a timely
>
>manner during a crisis. The current strategy of having an unprotected
>citizenry travel to physicians' offices or hospitals to receive
>prophylactic care or treatment is unfeasible. The public must be armed
>with preventive or therapeutic agents in their vehicles, homes and the
>workplace. Natural antibiotics and antitoxins are well documented in the
>
>medical literature, but overlooked by health authorities. These
>antidotes are readily available for the public to acquire and place in

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org

  • Re: NATURAL ANTIDOTES TO BIOLOGICAL TOXINS, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 10/19/2001