permaculture - Re: What Bill says

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: What Bill says
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:39:42 -0400

On Mon, 23 Jul 01 12:35:09 -0000, <permed@nor.com.au> wrote:

>Toby wrote:
>>I'm fully supportive of an international body to maintain
>>PDC standards.
>
>I propose that we establish an international Pc charter that encapsules
>the essence of what Pc is - it ethics and core principles - together with
>a basic code/ethics of practice.

The Permaculture FAQ at ATTRA created by Steve Diver offers a very
useful and complete description of permaculture. It is located at:

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/perma.html

>This charter can be agreed upon by Pc organisations and practitioners who
>are committed to upholding the integrity of Pc and yet allow the freedom
>we cherish to adapt to local cultural and climatic conditions.
>
>We can use e-communications, our various print media and designers
>convergences/gatherings to explore this.
>
>For PIL to take on the above task, I would envisage the formalisation of

Maybe this effort could exist as a collaboration of PIL and the
Permaculture Institute of N.A. for easier and more effective
communication with practitioners in these two widely separated
regions.

>an international advisory board and an affiliation of institutes and
>organisations. Open & honest communications through a demoncratic forum
>is the equitable way forward in this.
>
>Robyn Francis

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org

  • Re: What Bill says, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 07/22/2001