permaculture - Re: Sustainable education

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Sustainable education
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:19:11 -0500

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:16:10 -0400 (EDT), donahuer@ols.net (Randy )
wrote:
> Would someone please refer me to a list of schools that offer
>undergrad B.A.'s in sustainable/alternative/organic agriculture.

Article: 4724 of alt.sustainable.agriculture
From: TROYAN@macc.wisc.edu (Selma Troyanowski)
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture
Subject: request for sustainable ag info
Date: 7 Dec 1994 00:00:05 -0000

Joel,
RE: Request for Sustainable Ag materials:
Here is what I have so far:
Please inquire at the National Ag Library re: training and
degree
opportunities in sustainable ag. They have a publication entitled:
Educational and Training Opportunities in SA, 6th edition. It is
quite
comprehensive. Available free from the following:
NAL Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
USDA, NAL, Room 111, 10301 Baltimore Blvd., Beltsville, MD
20705-2351.

Another source: Sustainable Ag Network's SA Directory of Expertise,
available
>from Sustainable Ag Publications, Hills Bldg., Room 12, U of VT, Burlington,
VT 05405-0082.

Also, if you want to receive the packet of information that we
at
CIAS (Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems), UW-Madison,
Madison, WI
send out to prospective graduate students, please provide me with a
mailing
address. This packet is too bulky for email.
You may email your address to: TROYAN@MACC.WISC.EDU
OR PHONE ME @608-262-5200. Leave message on my voice mail if I
am not
at my desk.