permaculture - PIJ - new web presence? & Re: flame-free list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: PIJ - new web presence? & Re: flame-free list
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 14:20:54 -0400

On Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:28:30 GMT, "Akiva" <akivaw@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thank you Toby for quickly moving to keep this list positive. after reading

Thanks from me too, Toby.

>Robert's recent posts, I noted to myself, "ah, here's a newbie with
>something to add to the discussion," and then the next post, wham, Kris
>flames him, inefficiently using the energy of cyberspace. First time serves

Without the computers and the Web - we would be in a fix keeping in
touch. Kris is right about the value of hardcopy-based communication.
We can't really do without either.

We (and I) could do a lot to get and keep PIJ online permanently
and permaculturally (or electropermiculturally for those wanting that
qualification). Eventually this presence for them could translate into
a revitalized and renewed hardcopy presence.
And what about their Glocal Permaculture Directory? What happens to
that? Could I set them up with a free website here at MetaLab where
they could keep on trucking and put the Directory online (they could
always print it out for anyone wanting to purchase this from them by
mail order). There are a lot of possilities here; why don;t we take
advantage of a few of thm? Russ??? Any comments?

>as a lesson, second time you go to the Tower of (lawrence) London.

I have an idea. Whenever there arises a situation where someone
may appear to be working conterproductive to the mission of the list
why don't we discuss it here and maybe vote on what measures
might be taken, i.e. unsubbing or locking out a user - follow the
permademocratic process, or permacratic, if you will.

>Whatever our design differences, I see no reason for tolerating any surplus
>"heat" on this list. If someone shares something ludicrous (or what may seem
>to be ludicrous from your perspective), there are ways to express
>disagreement while at the same time "caring for the inhabitants".

Good idea but we still have to be resilient enough to tolerate any
heat.

LL