permaculture - Re: Call for articles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: Call for articles
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:24:30 -0400

On Wed, 17 May 2000 09:38:29 -0700 (PDT), Toby Hemenway
<hemenway@jeffnet.org> wrote:

>I'll be editing issue #44 of The Permaculture Activist. The theme is
>Earthworking and Energy, and I'm soliciting articles, short and long,
>ideally with illustrations of some sort. Given that The Activist is North
>American, articles should be useful for those on that continent, but
>relevant submissions from elsewhere are welcome if the logistics can be
>worked out. Article deadline is June 30. Contact me for details.
>
>-Toby
>
>We're looking for articles on, but not restricted to, the following subjects:
>
>Ponds and dams
>Planting ponds and other earthworks
>Methods of sealing a dam.
>Dam sizes and machine requirements.
>Working with earthmoving machines
>How to estimate and hire equipment
>Roadbuilding
>Erosion control and soil stabilization
>Innovative drainage systems
>Swales-laying out, constructing, etc.
>Soil qualities for earthwork
>Animal-powered earthworking
>Keyline system
>Community scale power generation
>Biomass and biogas power
>Low tech (wood etc.) versus high-tech (PV) energy systems

Keith, Toby, Peter, Chuck::

OK, I can see its time for me to subscribe to the PC Activist.
What's the best way to do this? Contact info, etc, cost?

Tnx,

LL

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO

  • Re: Call for articles, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/17/2000