permaculture - Re: U-Bar availability

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture
  • Subject: Re: U-Bar availability
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:55:08 -0500

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:35:38 PST, "SEED PEACE" <seedpeace@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Would anybody happen to know where one could purchase a Permaculture-style
>U-bar (i.e. with long, thin, curved, points) in Southern California and/or
>in Costa Rica?

Johnny's Selected Seeds offers a broadfork or U-Bar digger designed by
Eliot Coleman. I hear it's a good one. The one offered by PV Farm
Supply looks like an especially heavy and well designed and made
4-tine digger with a single central handle (a steel pipe). The
Coleman-designed model has two handles, of wood, inserted in sockets
at the ends of the Ubar. Have a look at the one developed by John
Jeavons at Bountiful Gardens/Eco-Action also.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon@mindspring.com london@metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: U-Bar availability, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/22/2000