percy-l - [percy-l] Walker Percy

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: John Shaffett <jshaffett AT shorter.edu>
  • To: "percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Walker Percy
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:29:52 -0000

I am exploring the possibility of writing a comparative analysis of four works by Percy and four works by Hemingway. The only thing I have seen is an article by William Rodney Allen, “All the Names of Death,” and his book, A Southern Wayfarer. He states that Percy thought Hemingway was more of a stoic than a Christian. I am interested in any help on researching this topic.

John E. Shaffett

Shorter University

SHORTER UNIVERSITY CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email, or its attachments, may contain private, confidential or privileged information of Shorter University and is for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, disclosure, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error or you are not the intended and authorized recipient, please notify the sender and permanently delete all copies of the respective email and its attachments without reading them. Thank you for your cooperation.

  • [percy-l] Walker Percy, John Shaffett, 04/21/2021