percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy stirs...

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Ken Armstrong <kennenathens AT frontier.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy stirs...
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 13:49:42 -0400

Walker Percy rides again! Nice to see the list activity and looking forward to at least following the LiTR discussion, travel plans commencing this week probably not permitting much more (much More?) than that.  I like Wade's mentor's bracelet analogy and psychopath algebra. I'm not certain I follow the sentence below ending "thought(s) is the answer it ain't!!!" But since we're dishing out cliches, the one that comes to mind in relation to thought is, "There is no inevitability where there is a willingness to contemplate." A cynic looking around might say, yeah, sure, there must not be a lot of contemplating going on......but here's a chance to counter that trend.

 Best to all listers and remember, there's no fine for LiTRing.

Ken Armstrong