percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy on the Cil War

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: "Ken Wilson" <kfwacw AT centurylink.net>
  • To: <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>, "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy on the Cil War
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 21:48:16 -0400

Amen to this. Let’s not forget that in Love in the Ruins Percy skewered the Left as well as the Right. All the Left’s stereotypes of the Tea Party are true – about a minority of Tea Partiers. And all the Right’s worst stereotypes about the Left are true – about a minority of liberals. Percy with his realistic view of human nature recognized his own sins and shortcomings, and would be still skewering his own side today, and still recognizing the decency on the other side.

Ken Wilson

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:07 AM

But I will just ask, please, stop calling others you disagree with names. It always amazes me that liberals love to consider Tea Party people closed minded and savage. But do they ever listen to themselves?