percy-l - [percy-l] The Last Gentleman

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: janet cantor <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] The Last Gentleman
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 16:21:13 -0700 (PDT)

I just finished The Last Gentleman and I would like someone to tell me his ideas about it especially the way it ended.
I read in an Amazon review that Percy said it was his version of Dostoevsky's The Idiot.
I found the book engrossing all through and found a lot of the same themes and ideas that were in The Moviegoer.
Can someone get a discussion of this book started please?
Janet Cantor