percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Hello from a new member.

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Jim Forest <jhforest AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Hello from a new member.
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:05:51 +0100

Dear D.E. Pierce,

It's good to have a new voice on the list. You may well wake us from hibernation, which we fall into from time to time.

I am fellow autodidact who has a long running affection for Percy's writings and for the man himself. I treasure a couple of letters he sent me late in his life. Would that he might write a few more.

I'm 67, a transplanted American who have in Holland the last 32 years, a writer, but no Walker Percy.

Have you a favorite Percy book?

Friendly greetings,

Jim Forest

* * *

Jim & Nancy Forest
Kanisstraat 5
1811 GJ Alkmaar
The Netherlands

home: (31)(72) 515-4180 / mobile (31)(6) 510-11-250

Jim & Nancy site: www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/
In Communion site: www.incommunion.org
photos: www.flickr.com/photos/jimforest/sets/
revised, expanded edition of "Living With Wisdom: a biography of Thomas Merton":
http://jimandnancyonpilgrimage.blogspot.com/2008/11/new-improved.html
revised, expanded, all-color edition of "Praying With Icons":
http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/praying-with-icons/
"The Road to Emmaus: Pilgrimage as a Way of Life":
http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/the-road-to-emmaus-pilgrimage-as-a-way-of-life/
"Silent as a Stone," a children's book about a community of rescuers in Paris:
http://incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/silent-as-a-stone-mother-maria-of-paris-and-the-trash-can-rescue/

* * *
blogs:

On Pilgrimage: