percy-l - Re: [percy-l] ps

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Nikkibar AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] ps
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:48:13 EDT

I think I'd let others sound off on this one. I think that Walker would have found Road boring for the same reason he found Proust  boring. The same reason he found Barcester Towers boring. Shelby was always trying to get him to read the one and I the other. He turned thumbs down on both after trying them. The fact is that there is no accounting for taste. Those were his tastes. That was how the question was put.

Nikki