percy-l - Re: [percy-l] ps

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Beck, David A" <dabeck AT iupui.edu>
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] ps
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:02:43 -0400

The apocalypse isn't a pertinent event? The remaining few people trying survive--a father trying to protect his son from the remaining people who have become lawless--isn't a pertinent event? Doesn't it have echoes of Love in the Ruins???

If isn't pertinent, then what is? Can you explain your remark? I realize that you knew WP, but your comment makes no sense to me.

Have you read the book?

Baffled.
-David

Quoting Nikkibar AT aol.com:

My guess is that Walker would have found the ROAD endless and lacking in
pertinent event.

Nikki Barranger

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.