percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy Remembered

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Henry Mills <hpmills3 AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: percy-l <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy Remembered
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:34:20 -0500

Title: Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy Remembered
Nikki,

I figured that simply related to those perhaps early times on the list when you seemed to Barr (insert Southern drawl) a lot of Anger (or at least mild scorn) during Katrina hurricane days there in N.O. and likely rightly so. I, of course, only mean to extrapolate here in parallel to Will Barrett, as in “He Will Barrett” (No Southern drawl). No umbrage intended. Just a bit of semiotic playfulness perhaps akin even to “A Thief of Peirce,” which are Percy’s own words himself if I am correct (Peirce’s name accurately pronounced not as pointedly as MASH’s Cpt. Pierce, but rather as in a purse handbag). I wonder, are there any other Percy fictional or non-fictional names that come to mind to anyone with similar literal overtones? Something from “Metaphor as Mistake,” perhaps? Nikki, just couldn’t pass up the opportunity here, and as for me I think you deserve more than one complete day, if’n you ask me.

Regards,
Henry

PS-could be the “Early Times” in me that sneaks in above that precipitates my naming thievery and perhaps misguided semiosis at this time, but Nikki many thanks for mentioning the Percy Project in your interview. We hope soon to reinvigorate some of the content and confirm all BarRanger spellings...