percy-l - Re: [percy-l] U.S. : Terrorist SuperPower?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: J Rivas-Pita <juliorivas AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] U.S. : Terrorist SuperPower?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:39:30 -0400

Dear Karey,

Thank you very much for your most detailed and lucid analysis.
Needless to say, I fully agree with you.
(By the way, my grandfather on my mother's side lived most of his life
in the U.S., was an American citizen and is buried in Irvington, N.J.,
and I grew up in Spain believing, perhaps somewhat naïvely, that the
U.S.A. was what he said it was, 'the greatest country in the world').

Also by the way this is "Reverend" Pat Robertson's last -but probably
not final- word on Mr. Chávez's assassination proposal and AP's
"misquote":

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/24/robertson.chavez/index.html

With all best wishes,

Julio