percy-l - [percy-l] preppie twit branch

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: LTberrywtr AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] preppie twit branch
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:58:13 EDT

Wise choice Mike. In fact, I rarely watch the show myself nowadays. I
caught it often in its early days. Field work in my lifetime study of the
North
American liberal - preppie twit branch (I ran into a fair number of these
wastrels when, for a very curious year and change, I worked on Capitol Hill).
guess even early on I knew watching it wasn't the right thing to do. But it's
sort of like passing a bad accident on the highway. You know you shouldn't
look,
but you have a hard time not looking. --

Larry

  • [percy-l] preppie twit branch, LTberrywtr, 08/15/2003