percy-l - [percy-l] an opposing viewpoint

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Karey L. Perkins" <karey AT charter.net>
  • To: <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "ken denney" <kdenney AT mindspring.com>
  • Subject: [percy-l] an opposing viewpoint
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:32:09 -0500

Here is my friend Ken's response to my first e-mail on animal communication and consciousness that I had just forwarded to you all -- I've not read it yet, except to see that my argument was not convincing, and I have only briefly perused the other responses from the list which I'll look at a little later in more detail.

Ken gave me permission to post this to the list; I'm curious as to any counterpoints that might be made?  What do you all think? Are you swayed by the argument below, or is there a crucial understanding that is missing?

Ken is also responding in part to my paper at:  http://www.atl.devry.edu/kperkins/papers/genesis.html  -- Caveat:  it is no great or original intellectual work, just my own personal attempt to summarize my understanding of Percy's language theory as I proceed forward in working with it.

Clearly, I've not succeeded in making a convincing argument for Percy's language theory!!!  Can anyone else, or do we all err?

Karey