percy-l - Re: Reading list in order...

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "James Piat" <piat1 AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Reading list in order...
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:33:44 -0400

Well I agree with you both -- Percy sets the table as you both describe and
a fine feast it is. But I think it's self serve --homestyle. Draw your
own conclusions. At least he presents something worth thinking about. And
that's no small accomplishment. Answers we've got everywhere but what good
are they if we don't understand the questions? That's where Percy has been
most helpful to me -- awakening me to the deafening silence of my own
slumber.

Best wishes,
Jim Piat