percy-l - percy and the information council of the americas?

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Henry Mills <hpmills3 AT telocity.com>
  • To: "Percy-L" <percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: percy and the information council of the americas?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:48:37 -0500

Dear Percy-L,

Here's something interesting that arrived in my mailbox. Any comments?

Henry Mills

________________________
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:01:49 -0500

could someone please tell me of any information they might have regarding
w. percy's membership in the 1960s' new orleans' based, rabid anticommunist
organization known as the information council of the americas? This group,
i.n.c.a., was infamous for its preposterous and conspiratorial
anticommunist beliefs and was associated with u.s. intelligence community
personnel prior to and after the jfk assassination and much beyond that.

other members were the fascist and racist n.o. heart surgeon, alton
oschner, many corporate leaders whose financial interests suffered greatly
because of the cuban revolution, and later political and social figures
such as percy, senator boggs of la., and n.o. mayor chep morrison, as well
as the loyola univ. law school dean (percy connection?).