percy-l - IMPORTANT: New Percy-L Submission Address (Via UNC)

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Henry Mills <hmills AT public-humanities.org>
  • To: <percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: IMPORTANT: New Percy-L Submission Address (Via UNC)
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 11:39:14 -0500

Dear Percy-L:

As a follow-up to yesterday's announcement of changes in Percy-L services,
this email is being sent to you through the new Percy-L listserv via
UNC-Chapel Hill. Please read the following carefully and direct any
questions or comments to <wpercy1 AT mail.ibiblio.org>.

NEW PERCY-L SUBMISSION ADDRESS (UNC-CHAPEL HILL)
The following is the new submission address for all future Percy-L
discussion as of today (10/1). The new address via UNC is:

percy-l AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

Use the above address for all future submissions to the list.

OLD PERCY-L SUBMISSION ADDRESS (LSU)
As for the old LSU service, please delete the following submission address
from your address books:

percy-l AT listserv.lsu.edu

The LSU account will be discontinued within the next 3-5 days in order to

provide some overlap for the transition. After that time, all submissions
to the LSU address will not be distributed to the list. Therefore, be
careful of responding to any messages that are currently in your mailbox
from past discussion. You will need to substitute the new UNC address for
the old LSU address in the To: field.

TRANSITION CONCERNS
Please send any transition questions/issues you may have to
<wpercy1 AT mail.ibiblio.org> rather than to the new listserv address at UNC. I
will forward any questions of larger concern that are received to the new
UNC list from those emails.

FURTHER NOTIFICATION/TESTING
I will be re-sending through the old LSU service the initial announcement I
made yesterday (Sunday) at least two more times in order to make certain all
members are aware of the new changes. Those who have already received and
read it may disregard the message. Any comments or questions with regard to
that announcement should again be submitted to <wpercy1 AT mail.ibiblio.org>
rather than to the whole list. Likewise, this message will be redistributed
within the next 24 hours via the new UNC address as a follow-up to the
present transmission.

THANK YOU
Thank you to all current Percy-L members for your patience as we make this
transition to a better, more reliable service that will provide a stable
platform for the next five years of list discussion.

I also wish to thank Ted Atkinson who has maintained the list for the past
three years. Ted is further to be congratulated for recently completing his
doctorate in literature at LSU.

Finally, LSU Computer Services is to be recognized and thanked for hosting
Percy-L since 1996. We express our sincere thanks to their support of Percy
discussion.

Sincerely,
Henry Mills

Henry P. Mills, Director & Editor

THE WALKER PERCY EDUCATIONAL PROJECT, INC.
An Internet Literary Center
Promoting the significant legacy of the 20th Century American author and
philosopher, Walker Percy

Hosted by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
http://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy

Send s-mail to:
P.O. Box 3561
Austin, TX 78764

Subscribe to PERCY-L!

Send an email to WPERCY1 AT IBIBLIO.ORG with the following line in the body:

subscribe PERCY-L YourFirst Name YourLastName
(Listserv courtesy of UNC-Chapel Hill)

The Walker Percy Project is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

  • IMPORTANT: New Percy-L Submission Address (Via UNC), Henry Mills, 10/01/2001