pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Query from france re plant DB

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: john@eco-living.net, pcplantdb <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>, hugo@aspara.fr
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Query from france re plant DB
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:06:45 -0500

John Schinnerer wrote:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: hello, just a small question! please advise..
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:12:33 +0100
From: Hugo Snellen <hugo@aspara.fr>
To: <info@eco-living.net>

Hello,

I found your info in an old discussion about :
« creating online plant database »
We are setting up a website for an association of palmtrees lovers.
Do you happen to know what (opensource) tool we can use to set up a
mysql/php engine to store and retrieve palmtree information?????

A Mailman mailing list coupled with a PMWiki palmtree Wiki,
which allows file uploads for registered users (build galleries of documents
and
photographs, audio and video files.)
A mailman list can be had for free on ibiblio:
http://lists.ibiblio.org
As well as a content provider account (Linux shell) for the purpose of building a website, ftp archives, a wiki, a blog and more.
Or become part of the PIW project and create a palmtree subset of the PIW database, in which case let me know if you'd like to be added as a subscriber to its developer's mailing list, pcplantdb.

Regards from France,

Hugo Snellen

http://fousdepalmiers.fr/

Hello from North Carolina, USA
Lawrence London, market farmer, descended from French Huguenots