pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] PC centricity

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "pcplantdb" <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] PC centricity
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:41:24 -1000 (HST)

Aloha,

Back from the far north Lapland, 67 plus degrees north, beautiful up there...
catching up on e-mail...

> Tagging a plant with 'termite resistant timber' would provide this
> instantly. Is this definable as a relationship? If not is it a
> attribute or output?

I would call it an attribute.
Yes, tagging would be appropriate if I understand correctly - so if I know
a certain wood is termite resistant timber I can tag it as such, and then
that would come up in future searches?

> As I said above, I think it is a good thing to add, but I would prefer
> to postpone it to after 1.0. Currently I'm much more focused on
> getting the Threshold promised features implemented than polishing the
> user interface.

I don't see this as UI, I see it as search functionality (referring to the
snipped conversation about more complex searches for 'attributes', etc.)

Go with what seems best for Threshold is OK by me. I have no recollection
of what exactly we said we'd do for that money so no more input at the
moment on that.

wading...