pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Need build designation system + other notes on tracker

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Need build designation system + other notes on tracker
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:00:41 +0000

John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha...

...from Maui, where I'm visiting some vacationing relatives at their condo
on the beach...and woo hoo, they got high-speed here!

My preference (only vaguely attached) is to use an X.Y.Z scheme
(major.minor.build). In my head we are working toward a 1.0.0
release, the current live version is 0.1.0, the current dev version is
0.1.5 or something, the next live version will be 0.2.0, and so on
until we are done and 1.0.0 becomes the live version.

OK by me. Seems pretty standard for a lot of open source projects.
Anyone with urgent alternative suggestions please speak up ASAP.
Otherwise let's go with this.

Sounds good to me.