pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] issue tracker status

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] issue tracker status
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:19:31 +0000

Aloha,

Actually making some progress on issue tracker customization with the latest Roundup (0.8.2) on arashi.

Now have the status and priority field options altered to match my previously posted 'draft spec'.

Have the status 'monitoring' code altered to work with the changes in the status field options (e.g. when a new issue is entered and no status is selected, status is automatically set to 'new'; when a new comment is added to a 'new' or 'closed' issue, status is automatically set to 'open').

These were just modifications to existing functionality.

Next up will be adding a brand new field - will probably start with 'severity'...once through that learning curve, a couple more fields with similar functionality to add (type, component, etc.) and test.

Then a few small UI changes and whatnot and it ought to be ready to put to use.

I've seen enough to see that features can continue to be added even after we start using it, and UI changes (layout, css, presentation, etc.) as well. Removing features being used by existing issues may be problematic, for obvious reasons.

more news as it happens...