pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] progress update

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] progress update
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:49:22 -0600

Ok lotsa new stuff,

Comments have edit and delete capabilities and are searchable. Search
for something like 'Mod this luser down' to get a comment high in the
search results. I added another user 'Test Two'/'password' to play
with edit and deletes if you feel so inclined. There is also a user
'Chad Knepp'. If you are feeling clever, try and hack the account
(edit/tag one of the comments for proof).

I don't have a logout option yet, so if you want to switch users you
have to add something like '&user=whatever' to the end of the url of a
comment/edit/delete. This will force a [new] login challenge.

Current bugs I know about include the hits reported at the top of the
search results (Found ## matches for 'search string') always says 10.
Prefs won't set or stay set. Also if you use a " in a comment body or
comment title it will crash.

Missing feature I most desire. In comment display create a link to
its parent if exists. Currently viewing a comment with out being able
to jump up to its parent sucks.

Random stuff: Still haven't done any css stuff. I completely ripped
out the caching mechanism. It was an ugly kludge and was requiring
re-kludging everytime I changed something. Come on Chad "optimization
after implementation"....

Plans: I need to talk a little more about relationships before I start
implementing them so I'm not planning on being active (other than bug
fixes) until Friday.

Cheers,
Chad