pcplantdb - [pcplantdb] can I get some help *please*?

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcplantdb] can I get some help *please*?
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:46:20 -0800

hello everyone,

I spoke with Scott recently, and he asked me how things were going with
PIW. Considering that the sending-Stephanie-updates-on-Sundays thing
died out after about 2 weeks, I had to say that I honestly didn't know
how things were going. Embarassing, really. But I did say that I liked
the way responsibilities were becomming more defined - we don't all have
to consult each other about every single thing, and are becomming more
independent in our own roles (or is that my way of justifying the fact
that I don't know exactly what Chad's up to, for example? perhaps...).
Anyways, I am glad that our responsibilities are becomming more defined.
But I must say, I need some help. And I want to be able to ask for it
when I need it.

I've been working on 3 different documents:

-Project Plan (including current Phase 1, and future phases)
-Progress Report for Threshold (detailing our accomplishments thus far,
and what we intend to accomplish in the 1-year cycle)
-Current tasks

I've been trying to incorporate all of your feedback (a lot), and am
having a tough time. Considering that Johns has written a lot about
this, and everyone seems to be impressed with the way he ties things
together (myself included), I was hoping you could write up a detailed
Project Plan. I'd use this Project Plan in writing a Progress Report,
and making a list of current tasks (remember those?).

I just can't do everything. I'm applying for grants, acting as PR,
trying to research interesting UI's/database structures (which is what I
really want to do), and being the project manager.

Johns, will you please help me? I'll continute working on this tonite,
and send you what I have. But I'd Love (truly Love) to be able to hand
this off to someone else.

Thanks.
*Stephanie

p.s. I'm going to re-instigate that update-to-Stephanie thing, and be
stricter about it, so be forewarned...