pcplantdb - [Fwd: Re: [pcplantdb] PIW and marketfarming mailing list.]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Fwd: Re: [pcplantdb] PIW and marketfarming mailing list.]
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:55:26 -0800

I think PIW is going to be a magnificent project, ultimately world-class
and of long duration, with great new directions it can go in in the future.

Needless to say, it is subscribers of these liats:

piw
permaculture
permacultureinfo
pc-knowledgebase
marketfarming
and
sanet-mg

... who will form the greatest body of users of PIW until it
gains some recognition via Google and other websites.

Four important things need to happen:
1) recipropcal Web/URL linking with other websites
- with that in mind could Bear could create a PIW page of links to sites
who link to PIW?
2) a significent presence on Google
3) awareness of PIW by the subscribers of all the aforementioned mailing
lists -
we need to hold their interest and keep them informed of progress so they
will be
there to use PIW when its ready for them
These lists need regular updates as to status of PIW - we need to hold
their interest!
4) The organizations, agencies, nonprofits and foundations we have been in
contact with
already plus those who will be contacted in the future need status updates
and they should
help us promote what we are doing and link to us from their own websites.
This is possible;
AFSIC at NAL at USDA (where SARE is) should be willing to link to us, for
example.

Market Farming Forum