pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Other directions for PIW + funding opportunities

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Other directions for PIW + funding opportunities
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:07:16 +0000

Aloha,

If there was some way that PIW could demonstrate a contribution
toward energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy sustainability

I am working on a fairly old "pre-owned" (e.g. resource usage more fully amortized) laptop (much less power usage than desktop) running off my car battery (stacking functions, car battery as power source for other than just starting said car, and using otherwise unused energy stored while driving said car).

When I get "hut #1" far enough along to put the system in place I'll be running on solar power.

Does that count? ;-) ;-)