pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] new color scheme

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] new color scheme
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:49:51 -0800

Ahhh, no need for caps. So much sweeter:

I like the colors. But there are only 2, what about the other 2 shades
of the same color? (Or did you use one green for the border, another for
the shading, and then only one shade of grey?)

The logo now needs even more help - akkk, it's hardly legible with all
that shading. Ok fine, it's legible. But a little overboard on the
shading there. My illustrator friend was busy this week, but I will (oh
yes I will!) scan you logo ideas next week.

Aside from the colors, I would really like to mimick content in UI - not
make everything so square-ish. If we're talking webs and relationships
and cycles of cycles, can we at least do rounded edges on the table
cells? (And the neverending question, whatever happened to that first
UI? I really liked it - can we use it again?)

Thanks for your patience with my comments. And Chad, I feel a bit
overcommitted right now with all the hg stuff I have to do - but if you
want web design help, let me know. I've made web pages in Dreamweaver,
and it might be easier for me to make changes myself than complain to
you.

peas
*Stephanie