pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[27][11.19.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Howe" <warlock@arashi.com>
  • To: "Permaculture Plant Database" <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[27][11.19.04]
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:37:09 -0800 (PST)

> Stephanie Gerson wrote:
>
>> 1. Thanks to both Lawrence and JohnH for volunteering to be webmasters.
>> Who's it going to be? It appears that both of you are qualified -
>> perhaps
>> more a matter of time and commitment?
>
> I didn't realy intent my offer to be taken seriously. John H is FAR more
> qualified for
> this job than I and I expect the requirements will far exceed my skills. I
> would like to offer
> the items I listed earlier if he/webmaster can use them in the site - more
> a role of providing content,
> somewhat unique in form.

I can pick this up. I guess next on my list is getting an account with
ibiblio and tweaking some software installs. I assume webmaster here is
maintainence/setup/back-end management. Most other people will drive
content.

As for the scarab setup, it is a bit non-trivial. I should have it setup
up on my server first to work out the kinks, then negotiate the hosting
requirements @ ibiblio ( java/tomcat/mysql).

John Howe, B.S, M.A.
http://www.arashi.com/

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
-- Albert Einstein