pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] OTE

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Howe" <warlock@arashi.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] OTE
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

> Let me introduce y'all to a community acronym I appreciate, OTE.
> OverTaken by Events. Well I'm just now getting to my 'puter after ...

Speaking of which, my work has been doing consistent overtime the last 4
days. I am @ 12 hours today and still going... talk about OTE.

> The important issues is that I'm not ready to start *real work* both
> because I'm not really as conversant with Zope as I need to be and I
> really need to just go do other things today. I haven't implemented a
> Zope interface to ack! yet. I'm still wading through the copious docs
> on tal/metal syntax of zpts and other fascinating stuff. The more I
> read, the more I think it will be a snap, but I just haven't got to
> the point where I can start banging on the keyboard in earnest.

Speaking of milestones, I have intially set up Bugzilla for John S. to
check out. I believe he is still identifying customization he wants done
for issue tracking.

I have installed Python 2.3.4 and Zope 2.7.2 on arashi. However, there
seem to be significant changes in the config of Zope 2.7.2 that I need to
review before releasing it to development access. I am looking @ this
Wednesday ( 08/11/2004 ) at the latest, since I am on vacation Thur-Mon
next week and I plan not to use a computer ( except to listen to mp3's ).

Anyways, will send out more info later once I am comfortable with the
setup and get the process monitoring stuff for Zope in place.

Chad, does your development platform require any custom Products
installed? I guess I should put in a MySQL connector there somewhere. Do
you want to play with the Zope 3 backport as well ( as John S. mentioned
earlier? ).

OK, hopefully this trabajo del diablo project will be done with ( well it
has to be done in 8 hours 50 minutes ). Ah ha ha!

"I love the sound of deadlines as they whoosh by ^__^"

John Howe, B.S, M.A.
http://www.arashi.com/

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
-- Albert Einstein

  • [pcplantdb] OTE, Chad Knepp, 08/08/2004
    • Re: [pcplantdb] OTE, John Howe, 08/09/2004