pchealth - [pchealth] miso soup, rice with mushrooms, tomatoes and fruits

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pchealth] miso soup, rice with mushrooms, tomatoes and fruits
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 22:57:17 -0500

Made a culinary discovery...put into a bowl or cup the following: hot red pepper pods, dried mushrooms, dried unsweetened apricots, sundried tomatoes (you could also add prunes and golden raisins but I have not tried that yet) - pour hot water (use enough to make a small bowl of soup later) over the dried foods and let them soak until soft. Then pour off the liquid and heat very slightly with a little olive oil. Pour into large cup and add a small spoonful of miso (barley is good), stir and drink as an appetizer. Cut up the soaked foods and put in wok with olive oil, heat slightly as you add cooked brown rice and walnuts. When rice is hot put on large plate and serve with a tossed salad. I had this for Christmas dinner.

  • [pchealth] miso soup, rice with mushrooms, tomatoes and fruits, Lawrence London, 12/28/2012